Growing complexity challenges time to market
There is a trend towards electronic products becoming more complex as hardware and software becomes ever more capable. At the same time, market globalisation is increasing competition and driving down time to market.
As product complexity and bill of materials count grows, it becomes more challenging for manufacturers to highlight the exact causes of production delays – whether the root cause is a result of delays within the supply chain or engineering issues within the organisation.
For some assemblies, a manufacturer’s interests in its products don’t stop the minute that they leave the factory. The ability to offer in-service upgrades and repairs can be an essential part of a manufacturer’s differentiation strategy.
Effectively managing the needs of variable batch runs
The issues associated with manufacturing and assembling electronic systems can vary widely depending on the exact nature of the product. Batch sizes can be extremely variable – from a small production run of a few devices where the challenge is for factory workers to quickly become proficient in tackling the ‘first off’ assembly, to high-volume production runs, where minutes shaved off the assembly time can make a significant contribution to profit.
Small production runs can be difficult to measure accurately using manual, paper-based approaches, which makes it hard for manufacturers to cost and estimate for these kinds of jobs.
The MESTEC solution
Our manufacturing system helps electronics manufacturers to define, standardise and refine their assembly processes so that staff can follow step-by-step instructions for an approved workflow.
Features and benefits
MESTEC’s manufacturing solution delivers a number of specific benefits for those involved with electronic assemblies, including:
Computer-based build records
- All build records are automatically captured and stored electronically
- A centralised install base – a repository of the build records for all manufactured items through the product lifecycle, including servicing and repairs – ensures easy access to manufacturing records to support quality processes and improve traceability
- Documenting version and change control supports traceability
- Supports post-manufacture service and repair by enabling service personnel to access build records, as well as guiding and measuring service procedures
- Operators save time and materials by calling up drawings and test data at their workstations, rather than having to print them off
- Reports are also electronic, using graphical dashboards rather than paper or spreadsheets
- Collect, analyse and report test results
Accurately analyse yields
- Easily measure first-time pass rates
- Work in progress tracking ensures that delivery schedules are met, and the business can schedule jobs accurately
- Enforcing approved workflows with step-by-step work instructions improves productivity and quality by ensuring that operators follow best practice
- Improves cost control by accurately tracking time (labour) and materials usage